We will comply to the most recent basic- and hygiene Covid19 rules set by the Dutch government!
For these photography workshops it is recommended to have some basic working knowledge of your camera. Settings like: shutterspeed, aperture and iso are very important to get under your fingers.
You don’t have to know all, but this is not a “learn all the settings of your camera” workshop.
Moreover, you will receive practical info and tips to get the best out of your photographic tools. At the same time you will also sharpen your eyes and learning to see the light and unlock your inner artist!
There are a lot of advantages to have an instructor with you while you are attempting to capturing images.
- Firstly, while doing it practically, the knowledge and the whole learning experience stays in our mind for much longer.
- Secondly, could you have ever understood the reflection of light had you not seen a mirror? Just by reading, it cannot get straight to your mind even though it may be explained in the best possible manner.
- Thirdly, you are applying your theoretical knowledge to real life situations through practical experiments.
- Finally, practical education is way more interactive than theoretical and interactive education creates a deeper impact and is way more fun!
Choose from 2 photography workshops:
- Photo Safari This adventurous workshop meanders criss-crossing through Leiden, so you will photograph various themes. For instance: architecture, nature, cityscapes and portraits but also interior, still lifes and street photography.
- Night Photography Taking photos in the evening hours adds a whole new world to your photographic arsenal.
In contrast to daytime, the world looks and feels different. Therefore it allows for photo opportunities that simply don’t exist during the daylight hours.
Price: € 75 (2,5 Hrs.) (bring a friend €50 per person)
Starting Point: In front of Old School Leiden. Pieterskerkhof 4-A, 2311SR Leiden.
Starting Dates: Everyday in 2021 and 2022.
Starting Times: 10.00h and 15.00h. Evening /Twilight Tours: Starting times by agreement!
(Duration 2,5 hours)
I took a private photography tour through Leiden with Harry. He taught me lots of little things to further improve my technical skills. Excellent way to take your photography practise to a higher level. Highly recommend thiis!
Harry is a great teacher. His no nonsense attitude makes a private class very enjoyable. I learned a lot. He learned me how to look differently to every day objects. How to get the most out of my camera and to get the best shot. I recommend both day- and night workshops if you want to grow as a photographer!
This Photo Safari is worth every dime. Harry helped me with setting up my camera correctly for different types of weather and light throughout the evening. He is nice, patient, and very enthusiastic about photography. I feel like a few hours of walking around with Harry have made me a much better photographer. Highly recommend this experience to anyone wanting to learn more about photography both beginner and advanced.
Harry is een uitstekende fotograaf die enorm veel over fotografie weet en het op een leuke manier kan over brengen. Hij is aardig en prettig om mee te werken.
Tijdens de eerste les heeft die perfect uitgelegd hoe de camera werkt en hoe je het op de juiste manier moet instellen. Dit is iets waar je als beginner nog wel moeite mee kan hebben, maar Harry legt het op leuke en goede manier uit. Vervolgens ga je samen met Harry de stad in om het in de praktijk te oefenen en te spelen met creativiteit in foto’s.
Ik heb enorm veel geleerd en het heeft ook een hoop mooie foto’s opgeleverd. Zeker een aanrader voor beginners.
I had 4 private lessons with Harry - 2 at home and 2 foto walks in Leiden. He gave good instructions, everything was well explained. Harry is very knowledgeable and willing to give you as much information as possible .
I'm happy with the result and highly recommend lessons with him.